When I was younger pancakes were considered unhealthy in my family. There were treats we only had once or twice a month. I actually discovered “healthy pancakes” while I was still trapped in my eating disorder looking for low cal recipes.
But now I love eating pancakes for breakfast and have them at least once a month. I would eat them more often but I’m lazy and they can take a while, depending on how much you’re making.
There are a lot of recipes out there and I tried a lot.
These pancakes are a self-creating but I took some inspiration from various Pinterest recipes.
- 60g Oats
- 30 Protein Powder (optional, you can use 30g more oats)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 250ml water
- Add Oats & Protein Powder to a blender and blend until its flour-like.
- Add banana, baking powder and water.
- Blend until well combined.
- Bake in a non-stick pan. (I used some coconut oil for baking.)
- Toppings can be: fruits, jelly, nut butter, chocolate sauce